Adelaide, Australia at SkyCity Casino
Adelaide, Australia at SkyCity casino is situated in the town’s railway station, a building which has a rich history. It is South Australia’s single casino destination, and this city’s most thrilling entertainment and gaming venue.
The philosophy at Adelaide, Australia at SkyCity casino is that of providing a pleasurable; modern environment that is able to offer its patrons a good array of entertainment choices.
Adelaide, Australia at SkyCity casino is that city’s tenth largest employer, as is able to inject roughly AU$30 million into the state annually by means of its more than 1 000 staff members and large taxes.
Upgrades and Projects for Adelaide Casino
Since the Adelaide, Australia at SkyCity casino was constructed in 1985 it has seen a number of different improvements and developments that have ensured the venue has stayed as welcoming and up-to-date as it is. Some of the biggest include:
- A renovation of the Adelaide, Australia at SkyCity casino’s southern side area that created a floor dedicated to electronic game machines in 1991
- A major restoration to the northern side of the casino’s ground floor, including a brand-new baccarat room and a modernised slots area in 2002
- A refurbishment of the casino’s ground floor in 2005 that supplied its Loco bar; North restaurant and gaming floor with escalators which linked it to the first floor
- Development of the Platinum Room for VIP slots machine players in 2006
- The 2009 establishment of the ground-floor baccarat room
- A revamp of the Grange VIP game rooms in 2011
- The 2012 introduction of Cent City, which featured 185 different one cent slots machines
- The completion of the Baccarat Pavilion in 2013, along with upgrades to the ground-floor gaming area
Adelaide Casino’s Esteemed Poker Zone
Adelaide casino is proud to present its Poker Zone, widely held to be one of this country’s leading poker venues. It attracts local and interstate players as well as those hailing from abroad to both its cash games and some of the most exciting poker tournaments in Australia.
Adelaide has, in fact, got a very rich poker history, and was the town responsible for bringing Texas hold ‘em to Australian shores over 20 years ago. It is still regarded by players as the traditional home of Australian poker games.
Players are able to choose between two different ways of playing poker at Poker Zone, namely cash/ring games or tournaments. The difference between the two is that players may up and leave a cash game at any point of play but will need to remain at the table until a tournament ends in order to win a prize.
Tournaments take place weekly, but not on public holidays, and buy-ins begin at AU$125. Registration for these tournaments is done by means of the cashier located alongside the Poker Zone on the casino’s first level. Cash games are played with poker chips that players are able to redeem for cash once they leave the table, and interested parties are able to put their names down for a cash game at the Poker Zone 30 minutes before opening. Players are able to join a table at once if openings are available, or will be sent an SMS when this is possible if a waiting list is being made use of.